We Are HiringRegistered Nurse (RN) - Medical/Neurology Intensive Care Unit (MICU) - Dell Seton Medical Center - Austin, TX - Multiple Shifts and Schedules Available
**Neurology experience is not required but is strongly preferred.**
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY - You would be part of developing and building up a neuro program from the ground up. You will collaborate with our Neuro Medical Director very closely, working to put in place the needs of the department. SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE THAT QUALIFY!! Why Join Ascension?At Seton, we're using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
As a Registered Nurse in our Medical/Neuro Intensive Care Unit at Dell Seton Medical Center Austin, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. You will make frequent utilization of your critical decision making skills, as well as your innate assessment skills to gain a strong understanding of your patients current and future needs. You will then collaborate with the other members of your unique interdisciplinary team to best determine the next step for your patient. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
Why Join the Seton Healthcare Family?
- Care for the Medical/Neuro Intensive Care Unit patient with a short or long length of stay in a fast pace environment.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to develop a patient specific care and treatment plan.
- Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient.
- Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines.
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement:Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
Seton is a regional healthcare network made up of 10 hospitals that includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, the area's only non-profit mental health hospital and over 100 clinic locations. As a part of Ascension, Seton leverages national resources to improve care on a community level.
- Get in on the growth of this department! Be part of creating and building the Neuro side of the MICU!
- Have the opportunity to interact with a broad patient population.
- Austin, Texas is currently one of the hottest places to do business and one of the fastest growing cities in the United States.
- At Seton Family Healthcare, we promote teamwork. Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ongoing support. Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
- Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance.
Giving back to the community is the core of what we do! Time and Time again our associates tell us how rewarding it is to be part of Seton's founding mission to deliver the best care possible with dignity and respect for everyone we service! We call that mission HumanCare and it is how our associates make a difference in the lives of people throughout our Central Texas Communities! Don't just take our word for it, come and find out!
Dell Seton Medical Center is located right in the heart of Austin! It is the new home for our region's only Level I Trauma Center for Adults! Dell Seton has 211 beds in operation including 135 Acute Care and 60 Critical Care beds all designed to add up to 135 beds in the future! It is one of four teaching hospitals for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin, which will be built around the new hospital. As a teaching hospital, the medical center trains and attracts more talented and specialized doctors to the Austin area, improving care throughout Central Texas. At this new Seton hospital and three existing ones (Seton Medical Center Austin, Seton Shoal Creek Hospital and Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas), doctors train other doctors, conduct groundbreaking research and implement new treatments. Through education, training and research, Dell Seton serves as a vital link to the future of care in our community. From day one, the medical center has redefined the future of healthcare in our community!
If you're looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join the Seton Family Healthcare Team!! Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing.
Work Experience: Equal Employment Opportunity:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
- For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the \"EEO is the Law\" poster:
- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Associated topics: bsn, care, infusion, intensive, intensive care unit, maternal, mhb, nurse, nurse rn, transitional