Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for all aspects of the company s flight operations, mission control, safety, hospitality and maintenance departments
- Establish goals and objectives for Operations, Safety & Service, Maintenance Fuel & FBO Services
- Accountable for the delivery of consistent, superior service from the Operations & Service team to customers (both external and internal).
- Responsible for continuing to set new standards in safety management throughout the operations.
- Lead the air carrier's flight and ground operations areas, training and maintenance
- Establishes policies and procedures that ensure an efficient and effective Flight Control Department.
- Liaise with Finance to execute an annual operating plan
- Support Finance in month-end close process to ensure expenses and revenues are accurately captured
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
- Ability to structure any and all Operational departments for rapid scale
- Ensure where necessary design and develop the correct operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures to efficiently allow for airline scale.
- Measure effectiveness of all internal and external processes, producing timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company
- Oriented to a customer-obsessed service culture
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree in aviation, logistics, or business
- MBA or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading an aviation-related operating group
- Proven ability to build and lead cross-functional teams
- Must be highly knowledgeable in applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR),International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), Company Manuals, and all related policies and procedures.
- Able to pass a 10 year criminal history and background check
- Able to pass a DOT Drug Screen and be enrolled in the company Drug and Alcohol Testing Program
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Time management skills, organization, and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Demonstrate strength in obtaining results through a clear focus on goals and accountability, communications, and knowledge of the business.
- Ability to employ effective Change Management processes/techniques
Preferred Education & Experience
- Aviation: 7 years
- FAR Part 135 or 121: 5 years
- 7-10 years of progressive organization managerial experience preferably in aviation
- Experience in an organization that has experienced rapid scale
- Experience in managing Multi Million Dollar P&L
- Coordinate cross-functional programs between the various teams
- Extensive management experience and ability to motivate a team is critical
- Possesses fanatical attention to detail, a sense of urgency and the ability to meet critical timelines
- Ability to work in a high stress enviroment, strong desire to be in charge, accountable and excellent.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts
- Hands on with a can do attitude
Associated topics: administrative officer, associate, beverage, chief operations officer, document, facilities, front office, operational assistant, operational support, records management