At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Colorado Bend II is a 1,088 MW Combined-Cycle Gas Turbine Generation Facility in Wharton County Texas owned and operated by Exelon Generation that commenced commercial operations in June, 2017 and is comprised of two low-carbon combined-cycle gas turbines (CCGT).
Colorado Bend II's gas turbines are the most advanced gas turbines designed, making them two of the cleanest, most efficient combined-cycle gas turbine units in the country. The new units use air for cooling instead of water, which is important in drought-prone Texas.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to operate, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all I/C and Electrical equipment on 2 7HA Gas and 1 D600 Steam Turbine and associated equipment as required to support plant operations and maximize asset value.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Perform maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on I/C and Electrical plant equipment such as Transmitters, Control Valves, Switches, DCS, PLCS and Breakers.Uses a computerized Work Management System to document and track all work and spare parts inventory
2. Monitors and maintains Ovation and Mark VIe Digital Control Systems.Must have working knowledge of Foundation Field Bus and Heart Communicator.
3. Trains and develops other employees in performing preventive maintenance and routine equipment service activities. Practices situational leadership, environmental and safety stewardship.
4. Leads equipment or system problem identification and recommends solutions.
5. Develops operating procedures for plant equipment to ensure consistent safe operation.
6. Performs all work during an assigned shift in a safe, continuous and efficient manner while maintaining environmental and housekeeping standards with in federal, state and local guidelines. Performs work per Work Management processes and ensures safety using equipment Tag out process.
7. Assists in requisitioning parts and supplies.
8. Perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Associates Degree in Instrument & Controls, Power Plant Technology, Engineering Technology, or Electronics OR
2. HS Diploma with minimum of 18 months of trade or technical training in Power Plant Technology
3. Successfully complete the training requirements and time in job requirements for the position including previously passing the EEI TECH test
4. Day Shift Monday - Friday with availability for rotating shift work and overtime as required
5. Good oral and written communication skills
6. Basic computer skills
7. Understanding of power plant prints
8. Valid driver's license and access to an insured vehicle
9. Ability to work in a power plant environment that includes climbing and walking long distances.
10. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
The incumbent in this position must be able to communicate across all levels of the organization.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor