Job Title: Applications Technician
Location: Channelview Site, Houston, Texas, USA
TechnipFMC is a global leader in subsea, onshore/offshore, and surface projects. With our proprietary technologies and production systems, integrated expertise, and comprehensive solutions, we are transforming our clients' project economics. To learn more about how we are enhancing the performance of the world's energy industry, go to www.TechnipFMC.com.
* Operate industrial equipment unique to TechnipFMC Umbilical's Inc. manufacturing facility
* Ensure health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures are adhered to
* Responsible for following company foundational beliefs: Safety, Integrity, Quality, Respect, and Sustainability in everyday work.
* Read and understand technical instructions/procedures, manufacturing quality plans, to perform tasks following technical and quality standards established either by TechnipFMC Umbilical's Inc. or by the client;
* Report anomalies and/or events via verbal and written reports
* Keep all work test reports (and/or any paper work) up-dated within a timely manner to comply with traceability and control of all information regarding test performed;
* Responsible for umbilical terminations and to verify the umbilical conforms to the quality system requirements through measurement, examination, testing, and gauging methods; i.e., hydrostatic pressure tests on umbilical tube (high and medium pressures), flow rate testing, flushing & cleaning tests, CR, IR, TDR, TLC, Cross talk, wet tests, spark tests and High Voltage, OTDR, etc.
* Offshore installation support of umbilical's and subsea distribution hardware if applicable
* High School Diploma or GED (Mechanic Technical School background is desired).
* Mechanical Aptitude
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in similar facilities in a manufacturing environment, dealing with tight tolerance mechanical parts and hydraulic equipment, electrical testing equipment, maintenance planning and inspection, cable and/or wire assembly knowledge.
* PC Literate
* Forklift (up to 35k lbs.) and manlift (up to 65') experience
* Basic knowledge of fabrications and manufacturing plants
* Strong knowledge of lubricants and inspection techniques on mechanical and electrical components
* Knowledge of Mechanic, Hydraulics and Pneumatics components, equipment and system
* Knowledge of basic electricity and electrical testing
* Able to communicate effectively - both orally and written in English
* Physical: Able to stoop and bend, able to walk quickly and climb stairs, able to wear a respirator, able to lift 35 pounds repetitively, able to manipulate tools with both hands, able to stand for long periods, able to see and hear within normal limits.
* Locations: Able to work both onshore and off shore or at heights.
* Shifts: Able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.